Puffy Eye Serum made from Essential Oils
There’s nothing worse than waking up in the morning, than to be confronted in the mirror with with huge bags under your eyes. From lack of sleep to a glass of wine the night before. The causes are many, the result is the same.
This serum is deceptively simple, but packs a punch thanks to this special blend of essential oils. It’s perfect to apply in the morning.
To make this puffy eye serum you’ll need:
- 12 drops rosemary essential oil
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- 6 drops lemon essential oil
- Carrier oil – Argan Oil
- 5 ml roller bottle
1. Add all the essential oils to the roller bottle and top up with the Argan Oil as the carrier oil and shake to mix the ingredients.
2. Gentle apply the roller around the orbital socket of the under eye a few times.
3. Leave to soak in for 5-10 minutes and then dab with a tissue to remove any excess before applying make up etc.
4. Keep in the refrigerator and shake to mix, each time you apply.
Some other tips to get rid of eye bags
Sliced cucumber placed on the eyes
Slices of chilled cucumber will help soothe the eyes and reduce puffiness. They help with the dark circles that are a result of lack of sleep and the ascorbic acid help reduce water retention, thus reducing swelling.
Cut down on salt
The sodium will lead to water retention and will accumulate under the eyes.
Cut down on alcohol
Again, this will lead to water retention.
Drink plenty of water
This will help flush away toxins and help eliminate water retention.
Get a good nights sleep
Doctors recommend 8 hours of sleep. This will give the body time to get rid of toxins, leaving your skin looking fresh and free from puffy eyes..
*This post contains affiliate links, where we maybe compensated. Full Disclosure here