CBD Oil Ultimate Guide:
Health Benefits and Side Effects
Cannabidiol, the major non-psychoactive component in Cannabis Sativa, has become more popular in recent years due to the medical benefits it provides users. Prior to medical marijuana being accepted as a mainstream method to treat various illnesses and conditions, there wasn’t too much known about CBD oil.
CBD Oil Effects
Cannabidiol is considered to be an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiemetic, antipsychotic, anticonvulsant, and anxiolytic according to the Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. This means that users who suffer from nausea, anxiety, epilepsy, seizures, schizophrenia, and neuroinflammation will find some form of relief when using the oil. With the growing awareness surrounding CBD oil, there have been many benefits reported from both short-term and long-term use.
CBD Oil Benefits
- Anti-seizure Relief: there have been several studies done on patients with epilepsy who saw a decrease in seizures when taking CBD oil in combination with regular medication. Unfortunately, there were some more adverse side effects recorded and research remains in early progression.
- Anxiety Relief: researchers believe that CBD oil changes how your brain’s receptors respond to serotonin, making an individual’s cells respond differently after consuming the oil. It has been recorded that individuals taking CBD oil have had less stress. With improved sleep, improved symptoms of PTSD, and a decrease in physiological effects of anxiety.
- Provides Pain Relief: CBD oil is an anti-inflammatory agent, so it reduces the pain that is caused by inflammation. CBD oil has been approved as a treatment option in Canada and the United Kingdom for multiple sclerosis. It has also helped those with spinal injuries, chronic pain, muscle pain, and arthritis.
- Relieves Nausea and Increases Hunger: it has been found that in low doses, nausea and vomiting are reduced when caused by toxic drugs if the oil is ingested. The oil also increases appetite due to it binding to the cannabinoid receptors throughout the body. It can also help reduce food sensitivities.
- Promotes Bone Growth: according to studies done on rats, the oil helps rats with broken bones heal faster. Still waiting for it to be tested on humans.
- Lowers Incidences of Diabetes: studies have shown that marijuana is associated with smaller waist size and lower insulin levels which are both key in staving off diabetes. The reason being is that cannabidiol delays the destruction of insulin-producing pancreatic cells. Thus helping those who may be pre-diabetic or in the early stage of type one diabetes.
- Has Successfully Helped Cancer Patients: it has been recorded that CBD has successfully stopped cancer cells and has caused an increase in tumor death among many types of cancers, including cervical, leukemia, colon, breast, and prostate cancer.
In addition to the above, CBD oil can be used to control cigarette addiction. It can treat acne, treat sufferers of fibromyalgia, reduces symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder and even aids in sleep. It’s also been found to be effective treatment for those who have bowel diseases like Crohn’s disease.
CBD Oil Side Effects
Generally, using CBD oil will not cause any side effects. However, like other medications it can cause adverse reactions in some individuals. Adverse reactions may include increased anxiety, diarrhea, depression, and mild low blood pressure. Other side effects include nausea, drowsiness, vomiting, dry mouth, dizziness, and changes in appetite. More severe side effects may include an increase in HIV infection risks. It can exacerbate asthma, decrease cytochrome P450 liver enzymes, and cause individuals to become lightheaded.
*This post contains affiliate links, where we maybe compensated.