How to Prevent Atherosclerosis Naturally
When it comes to heart disease, we all know that it is a life-threatening condition. A condition that occurs slowly over time due to the build-up of plaque in our arteries. This hardening of arteries is called atherosclerosis and occurs when an individual has high LDL cholesterol levels. LDL (low-density lipoprotein), known as “bad” cholesterol, is what raises your risk for heart disease and stroke.
Basically, plaque buildup due to poor lifestyle habits such as smoking, an unhealthy diet, and a lack of exercise. This will lead to the arteries thickening, stiffening, and inhibiting blood flow which is what leads to clots and heart attacks. In order to remove the danger of heart disease, many individuals may find that consuming certain foods, herbs, and supplements helpful in reducing cholesterol levels. Helping recondition the cardiovascular system to remove artery buildup. So, how do you prevent atherosclerosis naturally? Lets take a look.
Positive Lifestyle Changes and Choices
If you are eating the right types of foods, not only are you fighting off obesity levels, but you are choosing to eliminate foods that would otherwise cause your body to produce higher levels of cholesterol. Here are some tips for this:
- Remove smoking from your intake completely. Smoking causes cholesterol to get deposited into your blood vessels through oxidization which increases your risk of heart disease.
- Avoid eating processed foods that have a lot of trans fats in them. If possible also avoid eating saturated fats.
- Reduce how much salt/sodium you are ingesting as this contributes to high blood pressure.
- Stop consuming dietary cholesterol (your liver can make the cholesterol you need). Foods such as cheese, eggs, and milk all have high amounts of cholesterol in them.
- Eat healthy fats that won’t increase your bad LDL cholesterol levels. Items like nuts, avocado, and olive oil are good.
- Choose to eat more fiber, replace white pasta and breads, and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
Unclog Arteries Without Surgery
In addition to the above diet changes, choose to add in supplements as these will help optimize your body. For instance, fish oil’s omega-3 fatty acids will lower blood lipid levels, reduce inflammation, normalize your heart rhythms, and even improve blood viscosity and the flexibility of your artery walls. Helping descale the walls, to unclog the arteries naturally.
You may also want to add in garlic extract, as it reduces endothelial dysfunction and is rich in antioxidants.
Other popular supplements to consider adding to your diet include:
- Magnesium: as it reduces blood pressure and smooths muscle tissues.
- Curcumin: this reduces inflammation in the body and prevents the buildup of plaque.
Remove Plaque From Your Arteries Naturally
If you have been diagnosed with a buildup of plaque in your arteries, then choose to incorporate the following into your lifestyle:
- Pomegranates: slow the oxidation of cholesterol, lowers blood pressure and helps remove plaque from artery walls.
- L-Arginine: helps prevent artery thickening, fights inflammation, repairs blood vessels, and lowers blood pressure.
- Choose B Vitamins: B-3 or niacin raises the levels of good cholesterol (HDL-C). These reduce arterial wall thickness, and decreases vascular inflammation. Other B Vitamins that are good for reducing arterial inflammation and arterial wall thickness are folic acids, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12.
That about wraps up our guide on how to Prevent Atherosclerosis Naturally. Remember, it is extremely important to get regular exercise as this helps maintain the health of your heart. Not only does it strengthen the heart muscle, but it can lower blood sugar levels which is imperative for avoiding blood vessel damage.
*This post contains affiliate links, where we maybe compensated.