Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Benefits and Uses
The Ylang ylang, also known by its scientific name the Cananga odorata. One of the most highly sought after essential oils due to its healing properties and natural ability to thicken up hair. The name means “flowers of flowers” and comes from the large petals of the Ylang ylang tree found throughout Asia. It is extracted through a steam process which distills the fresh flowers. It is a common ingredient in aromatherapy treatments and popular brands of perfumes.
Ylang Ylang essential oil is used as a natural remedy for reproductive, digestive, and cardiovascular. Is beneficial to endocrine issues surrounding immune health and blood flow. It is also considered an effective anti-depressant, sedative, and is antispasmodic as well as an antiseptic. The benefits include enhancing moods, healing cardiac problems, regulating the heart, and relieving inflammation. Plus I ncreasing blood flow, and even fighting off parasites. Here is how this essential oil can be used beneficially.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Health Benefits
• Enhances Mood: When inhaled, the essential oil has an immediate and positive effect on the brain because it affects the olfactory system. This means that it can be used as a depression remedy to help release any negative emotions. Other conditions such as low self-esteem, anger, and jealousy can be eased too.
• Diabetes Fighter: Massaged into the skin, it can help lower the risk of nerve damage by protecting tissue and cells. Often nerve damage happens to those who have a prolonged exposure to high blood sugar.
• Digestive Aid: When consumed or inhaled, it can aid digestion by preventing poor blood flow. It also decreases feelings of anxiety and stress which often interfere with healthy digestion.
• Prevents Skin Aging: Not only does this essential oil help preserve that “youthful glow”, it can help prevent aging signs. For those susceptible to skin cancer, using YY can help fight off cancer development at cell level.
• Boosts Heart Health: When massaged over the heart area with a carrier oil, Ylang ylang essential oil can help prevent heart arrhythmias. It can even help control blood pressure. The reason being is that it improves blood flow and counteracts inflammation. If you don’t want to massage it into the skin, it can also be consumed in tea.
In addition to the above, it can reduce premenstrual symptoms such as tension and stress. Simply massage into the lower abdomen and at the back of the neck.
Finally, it can be used to provide natural energy for those who are constantly feeling drained and fatigued. To use as an energizing treatment, apply a few drops to your neck or chest. Or use it in an essential oil diffuser as part of your aromatherapy routine.
*This post contains affiliate links, where we maybe compensated.